Wednesday 15 April 2020

Rosho-Puli with Khejur Gur

Rosho Puli is a traditional Bengali Dessert.This dessert is being relished by generation after generation.Both my grandmoms used to make and then my Mom.I learnt this from my mom.This creamy dessert reminds me of childhood.This Noboborsho I made and relived my childhood days with my family.I made it with DatePalm jaggery called Khejur Gur but you can make with sugar too.

Ingredients for Step 1

  • Coconut grated-1(1 small bowl)
  • Semolina(1/4th bowl)
  • Date Palm Jaggery-1 bowl (or can use sugar)
  • Ghee-2 tp
  • Milk-1 tbsp

Ingredients for step 2

  •  Milk-500 gm
  • Green Cardamom-4
  • Batasa-Few
  • Date Palm Jaggery-1/2 cup(Sugar if you donot have jaggery)

Method for Step 1

  1. First take a pan,add ghee.Heat the ghee.
  2. Now add samolina first and then grated coconut and saute it for min in low flame.
  3. Now add jaggery and mix it well.Add 1 tbsp milk and saute till it binds together and leaves sides.
  4. Take it out on a plate and cool it down.
  5. Shape it like small puli or small cylinder shapes.
  6. Keep it aside.


Method for Step 2

  1. Pour full cream 500 gm milk in a pan and bring to boil.Add green cardamom and continue to cook.
  2.  Add batasha and jaggery and reduce it to 50%.
  3. Then add the Puli at last and serve hot or cold.


Written Recipe by Chef Dimple

3 comments:

Maul Blog said...

Good explanation of recipe of rosho-puli with khejur gut. Thanks from Maul Blog for this post.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe...😋

FoodResearch said...

Thanks for explanation of recipe .foodresearchlab